Saturday 29 March 2014

A bookmark a week #1 Map of Tasmania

I have so many bookmarks saved on my phone. Every time I see a cool recipe or tip or anything really, I save it down. I'm particularly guilty of keeping recipes on there, despite my friend giving me this beautiful book to write them in a few years ago.



The problem is there are so many that I can never find what I want. So I've set myself a project.

Each week I'm going to take a bookmark on my phone and do something with it. 

If it's a recipe I've made and I like it, I'll copy it into my beautiful book. If I haven't made it before I'll give it a go and copy it in if I like it. Anything else, I'll make it up as I go along.

Then I'll delete them. Bold, eh?

Needless to say, I'll inevitably add new bookmarks as I go along, but they can just be added to the project. I can't keep my whole life on my phone (can I? Don't we all?).

So this week, I chose this.


We saw Amanda Palmer on her tour last year and, while in many ways she's flawed, I respect what she's trying to do and I don't think she's calculated, just privileged (aren't we all?)

Turns out I can't use this link anymore, but I do have a tabs app on my phone, Ultimate Guitar, and they have a version I can use. I'll learn it on my lovely little uke this week and record it at the end of the week to prove I dunnit! Exciting, no? 

By the way, if you want to use Ultimate Guitar, here's the link


I really like it and find it super easy to use. It lets me transpose songs into keys so easy that even I can play them!

I'll follow up in a week with my recording as promised.

Love and kisses,

H.

No comments:

Post a Comment